[cups.general] How does CUPS support IPP, number-up from kprinter

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jan 20 04:44:45 PST 2005

Hello,

On Jan 19 20:05 anonymous wrote (shortened):
> I'm using Suse 9.1, CUPS 1.1.20
> Senario 1:
> Tried to print a postscript document with kprinter.
> Set pages per sheet to 4.
> Only one sheet came out with gabbage on it. (Used HP 4345 with HP LaserJet
> 4300 Postscript PPD file)

Does it also happen when you print from your application
into a PostScript file and then print this file via "lp"?

As far as I remember the KDE printing environment may do some kind
of prefiltering of the input before it is sent to CUPS.

You may stop printing for the queue and then inspect the data
file /var/spool/cups/d... whether it may be different when
printing via kprinter and when printing via "lp".

Regards,
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de