After installing of media-fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std font-messup

Moritz Beller momo.beller at t-online.de
Sat Jan 22 15:05:01 PST 2005

Hi!

I don't like the fonts that come with media-fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std, but I need them for obvious reasons: ghostscript and therefore printing. I don't understand how, but when I have this package installed, the definition of what sans-serif is, that means which font-file is actually used for it, is altered in such a way that e.g. in Firefox (and most other apps) other fonts than the regular ones (wich I'd like to keep!) are used.

How can I avoid media-fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std taking such controll over my font-settings?

Any help urgently required
Moritz