prevent requeueing jobs

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Tue Jan 25 14:23:23 PST 2005

ekkard gerlach wrote:
> Can CUPS be instucted NOT to requeue any printer job?
>
> Why? - See thread "CUPS 1.1.8 repeats jobs continuously with printserver
> DN-11002", CUPS requeues jobs with more than 15 pages with some printers.
>
> tia
> Ekkard

I found in http://cvs.easysw.com/cvsweb.cgi/cups/CHANGES.txt?rev=1.820,
CHANGES IN CUPS V1.1.19rc1:
[...]
- If a backend failed for a printer, CUPS would
   incorrectly requeue the job for printing again.

It seem to be a bug of CUPS ... but I tried to update
cups 1.1.8 to a higher Version some months ago .. but with
no success. Somebody here who has a instructions list
to update Suse 8.2 with CUPS 1.1.8?

tia
Ekkard