CUPS windows driver doesnt work

anonymous yliu0131 at brockport.edu
Wed Jan 26 10:08:06 PST 2005

I have CUPS 1.1.23 on Suse 9.1. I want to config CUPS for driver download
and share the printer to windows XP client.

cupsaddsmb is successful, when I check /etc/samba/drivers, it lists the
following files.
cupsdrvr.dll, cups.hlp, cupsui.dll and the ppd for my printer

>From Windows XP client, driver install also successful. (verified from
log.smbd, those four files are copied)
Did a search in winXP, those four files are found in
C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2.
There's also a file called cups.GID in that directory.

Everything looks fine but when I tries to print, select the printer on
linux, the print button is greyed out.
When I tried to select printer properties, it says no printer driver, it
will start add printer wizard.

Any tips?

Thanks