[cups.bugs] CUPS 1.1.14/gimp-print 4.2.7 won't print from Acrobat

pipitas k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jan 7 18:49:00 PST 2005

Lamar wrote:

> All,
>     I've an issue where CUPS (1.1.14)

You could also change your $SUJECT to

  "3 year old CUPS won't print documents from 3 weeks old Acrobat!"

Please read this document first:

   http://www.cups.org/relnotes.php

to decide wether you really want to stay on a CUPS version that is almost
3 years old.

If you dont have the time to read this link (I could fully understand
that :->  ), please try to count the items enumerated there.

If you're guess is similar to mine, you'd say "around 1200", roughly half
of these since 1.1.14 was releaed. Ask yourself if you want to go on and
live/work without 600+ bug-fixes provided, features added, enhancements
developed, security-issues resolved by continuing to use 1.1.14?

If you say, "I'll rather stay with 1.1.14" you are throwing away the last
3 years of wonderfull work the CUPS developers have provided for you for
free, and whose first 3 years you praised as "impressive" in your posting
too.    ;-)

Honestly, I dont think that there is anybody on this list/newsgroup who
could be motivated to put time and energy into investigating an obscure
bug that happens on your old system, when they all have newer ones
themselves.

For a way to start helping yourself (or help you submitting some more
meaningful infos with your bug report), have also a look at

  http://www.cups.org/cups-help.html

Cheers,
Kurt  [ who asks himself if Acrobat 5.0.10 was ever released when CUPS
        1.1.14 was current.... ]