CUPS & Kerborized smbspool howto

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jan 11 18:47:28 PST 2005

Marc Hauge wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to print using Mac OS 10.3.7 using a
> kerberos credential.  I have been searching high and low for an
> explanation of which versions of CUPS and Samba would make this
> possible.

I am not aware of any patches to CUPS that enable Kerberos printing
via Samba (working patches, anyways).  Someone was working on
Kerberos support, but I haven't heard of any progress...

> Mike Sweet can you help me?  Is Apple knocking on your door in regard
> to the this?  Did the SAMBA bug 1892 (updated smbspool for use with
> newer cups libraries) fix CUPS with samba to make this possible?

No, that just allows the previous hardcoded username/password in
the URI to work.

Apple is not knocking on our door for this.