NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jan 12 08:17:41 PST 2005

Anonymous wrote:
> Hi
>
> Spot on: after lots of frustration it works. Problem is that CUPS now
> displays the user name and password in its Web interface!

CUPS has hidden the username and password info in the device URI
since the original 1.0 release!  The problem is the URI syntax you
are using, which is not in the spirit of the URI spec as published
by the IETF.

The original URI syntax as we have developed it and submitted to
the SAMBA folks is:

     smb://username:password@workgroup/server/sharename

If they have changed it to the other format, please file a bug on
the SAMBA developer site so they can fix it.