[cups.bugs] Cupsys printer failures: lost jobs

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Sat Jan 15 11:23:16 PST 2005

> That's not what I said. I said, in effect, and now again: "Go get yourself the Kyocera-provided PPD from your Windows driver
> installer CD."
>
> I also said: "Read 'man lpadmin'. Read http://localhost:631/sam.html"
>
> Forget Foomatic. You've got a PostScript printer, man!

I can't entirely get rid of foomatic.

When I try to configure this printer again, it gives me driver options
that are like "Kyocera Mita FS-1010 Foomatic/Postscript (recommended)"
which is the one I've been using.

I guess the cups related question then is how to configure this printer
to print directly without foomatic filters?  Does that make sense?