Not authorized for remote job operations

Alan Somers soNmOeSrPsAaMm at comcast.net.invalid
Sat Jan 15 20:17:48 PST 2005

I'm attempting to issue job operations for a remotely queued job from a program running on a client.  I have configured the remote server's cupsd.conf file thusly:

  <Location /jobs>
  AuthType None
  AuthClass Anonymous
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny From All
  Allow From All
  </Location>

However, when I attempt to perform an operation on a remote job, the status returned in the response is IPP_NOT_AUTHORIZED.  Here's the code (simplified) I'm using on the client for one of my test cases (the job is queued and the printer is stopped):

  ipp_t *response;
  ipp_status_t requestStatus;
  cups_lang_t *language = cupsLangDefault();
  char *host = "iCenter.local";
  char *uri = "http://iCenter.local:631/jobs/239";
  http_t *http = httpConnectEncrypt(host, ippPort(),
                                    cupsEncryption());
  ipp_t *request = ippNew();
  request->request.op.operation_id = IPP_HOLD_JOB;
  request->request.op.request_id = 1;
  ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_OPERATION, IPP_TAG_CHARSET,
               "attributes-charset", NULL,
               cupsLangEncoding(language));
  ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_OPERATION, IPP_TAG_LANGUAGE,
               "attributes-natural-language", NULL,
               language->language);
  ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_OPERATION, IPP_TAG_URI,
               "job-uri", NULL, uri);
  ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_OPERATION, IPP_TAG_NAME,
               "requesting-user-name", NULL, "unknown");
  if ((response = cupsDoRequest(http, request, "/")) != NULL)
    requestStatus = response->request.status.status_code;

Does anybody have a clue as to what's wrong?  I haven't had a bit of problem requesting status from the remote server, nor do I have any problems going through the web interface.

Thanks.
Alan