client-error-not-possible

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Jan 21 23:10:19 PST 2005

I gave up trying to do an tarball "upgrade" from v-1.1.14-15. Nothing would work until I re-installed the binaries for RedHat-7.3 (that's the version above).

Now, most everything works into a NEC SilentWriter2 Model 90 (LC300), except for the output of Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0.10.

There it is: that annoying "client-error-not-possible" msg again. What does it mean? There was an error with the "client" and printing is not possible, or it's not possible for there to be an error with the "client", so it must be cups?

I think it's about time to kill this thing and reinstall LPRng. At least, that worked. LPRng is EASY software, CUPS is a pain in the backside.