Is there an equivalent for the printer manager tool ( http://localhost:631

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Jan 28 11:33:51 PST 2005

csdlaval wrote:
> I'm looking for a graphical CUPS printer manager, just like the one
> that we can access by http://localhost:631, but that can execute any
> task that the lpadmin command can (i.e: setting any driver to a
> printer, restricting user access to printers, etc.).

ESP Print Pro (http://www.easysw.com/printpro) provides a GUI that
can control almost everything (cupsd.conf file, classes, printers,
access control, etc.) - right now the missing bits are the quota
and non-authenticated user list controls, but we're working on that.

KDE's printer control panel is a free alternative, however I don't
know how much control it gives you...