OSX10.3 Safari bad printing to CUPS 1.1.(17|22)

drewday at cc.gatech.edu drewday at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 1 15:33:16 PDT 2005

Hey folks:

I'm setting up a new cups server with about 200 printers on it. My current problem is that I have clients who can print from Safari directly to a printer via AppleTalk and it prints fine.

The webpage in example is Dell's website shown when ordering a computer - filled with radioboxes, clickboxes, etc.

When printing directly with AppleTalk, the boxes, etc look just fine - transparent and circular. When printing with any CUPS server they look distorted and kludgy and have black squares around the radio buttons.

The newer CUPS server is running with an HPLIP backend. The older is printing :9100 directly to the printer.

Any suggestions here?

-Drew