how to trouble shoot

David Bear david.bear at asu.edu
Fri Jul 8 10:41:19 PDT 2005

since I'm new to cups, and finding it quite obscure compared to lprng, I
would like to know what methods are good for debugging issues.

I posted previously about how cups refuses to enable printing on one of the
queues, and haven't received a response yet, so I was hoping someone might
have good advice for how to determine why cups does something, or doesnt.

I did turn debug level up in the cupsd.conf file, but so far there is no
usefull message.  At least, none of the error messages mean anything to me.

Is there a place that has error descriptions, causes and likely ways to
resolve them?