No output, no errors, can cat to /dev/lp0

Joshua Kugler jkugler at bigfoot.com
Thu Jul 14 02:18:26 PDT 2005

Helge Blischke wrote:

> Joshua Kugler wrote:
<SNIP>
>> D  [Job 15] Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in get
>> D  [Job 15] Operand stack:
>> D  [Job 15] FreeSans.pfb    0
>> D  [Job 15] tail process done writing data to STDOUT
>> D  [Job 15] KID4 finished
>> D  [Job 15]
>> D  [Job 15] Closing renderer
>> D  [Job 15] KID4 exited with status 0
>> D  [Job 15] KID3 exited with status 0
>> D  [Job 15] Renderer exit stat: 0
>> D  [Job 15] KID3 finished
>> D  [Job 15] Renderer process finished
>> D  [Job 15]
>> D  [Job 15] Closing foomatic-rip.
<SNIP>
> Did you modify anything concerning the fonts in your system?
> Ghostscript (called from within foomatic-rip) complains about
> a font named FreeSans (font file FreeSans.pfb).

Yes, it would seem that to be the case.  So, I found all occurrences of
FreeSans.pfb that I could find, even a few fonts named freesans but didn't
have that as their file name.  But, I'm still getting that error, even
though FreeSans.pfb doesn't even exist on the system any more (just updated
the slocate db to make sure).  How do I go about purging it from my system?
What files do I need to delete or edit that I've missed so far?

Thanks!