[RESOLVED] Re: No output, no errors, can cat to /dev/lp0

Joshua Kugler jkugler at bigfoot.com
Thu Jul 14 02:31:02 PDT 2005

I finally found it!!  Wow...that was weird.  OK, somehow in the installation
of the fonts, this entry got inserted
in /usr/share/ghostscript/8.15/lib/Fontmap.GS:

/                            (FreeSans.pfb)     ;

When it SHOULD be:

/FreeSans                    (FreeSans.pfb)     ;

So, every time Ghostscript go to this line in Fontmap.GS, it would bomb
because there was no name there.  I deleted the offending line, and
magically, CUPS worked!  Woohoo!!

Thanks Heige for starting me down the right path!!

I have my printer back. Yay!!