[cups.general] Printing to file using PPD, virtual printer

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Jul 14 06:35:43 PDT 2005

If you have local root access, you can create a CUPS queue with that
PPD. At first set "FileDevice" to "Yes" in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and
restart CUPS, then create a queue with an URI like file:/tmp/output.ps

If you do not have root access you can make use of foomatic-rip like
shown on

http://www.linuxprinting.org/direct-doc.html

foomatic-rip is probably already installed on your system.

    Till