windows printing multiple copies

Yasar Arman cups-user at yait.de
Sun Jul 17 05:57:52 PDT 2005

> Env:
> cups-1.1.20
> SuSE 9.1
>

> My HP DJ 2500C is attached to my cups server. Windows machines use the
> original HP driver for this printer. Using cups 1.1.18 I could print
> multiple copies from windows applications. Using 1.1.20 all the cups
> filters get 1 as "number of copies".

I have similar Problems with Windows printing on dot-matrix printers, but without using cups. Altough the Application (MSword) requests multiple copies the printers just print one copy (printing though W2KSrv/W2K3Srv printspoolers and network printservers).

a workaround was just spooling to a file and sending that file via cygwin/lpr to the windows spooler.

You should check if that problem is a windows or a cups problem.

regards,

yasar