CANON PIXMA Driver

Mr.Nato mrnato at utbnet.com
Wed Jul 20 06:52:19 PDT 2005

> I found the PPD made by canon japan for the pixma series, and this should be the same for the pixus series. If someone would care to test this ppd with the PIXUS IP4000 that would have been lovely.
>
> ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/linux/
>
> (download the pixus ip4100 for pixma ip4000 and extract the ppd from the rpm)
>
> I do not have the compatibility matrix for pixma <> pixus, but a little googling and looking at the japanese specs should get you a long way.
>
> usr/share/cups/model $ cupstestppd canonpixusip4100.ppd
> canonpixusip4100.ppd: PASS
>
> At least it passes as a valid ppd...! ;)

I used this same driver for the Pixma Ip5000 and it works fine. I thought id be stuck buying TurboPrint but this worked fine.. I had to extract and compile some of the bjcups-common stuff to get the needed files and move some to proper dirs but it works! pixus is japanese version of pixma and the pixus ip4100 is just a pixma ip4000