[cups.general] RE:RE:Pykota

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Fri Jul 22 05:30:41 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 04:40:20AM -0400, Anonymous wrote:
> I have installed pykota but the commando pkhint does not work and
> therefore I do not succeed to shape the rows pykota.conf in order to
> print and therefore I do not succeed to print

You should do as root :

        $ pkhint </etc/cups/printers.conf

and this command will try to generate the best accounting directives
to put in pykota.conf depending on your printers.

however, this is just a helper, and may not work as expected, but
PyKota's default accounting directive should work with most printers.

to debug the problem further :

  http://otrs.librelogiciel.com/otrs/faq.pl?ID=2

to not pollute the cups' mailing list with questions unrelated to
CUPS, please see :

also when you downloaded PyKota, you obtained the complete documentation,
so please look at :

  http://otrs.librelogiciel.com/otrs/faq.pl?ID=8

to learn how to compile it from DocBook SGML format into readable formats
like PDF or HTML.

PyKota's toplevel README file, usually installed into /usr/share/doc/pykota
is also helpful in installing and configuring the software.

hoping this helps

bye

Jerome Alet