[cups.general] Windows Drivers for CUPS ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Fri Jul 22 05:40:30 PDT 2005

Greetings ...

	Been waiting almost two years for these to come out, and so far, I'm
happy that they seem to be working.  If the file names are set correctly
and you compile your own cupsaddsmb.

	Okay, so I have a few questions, first, the default setting that we put
into CUPS using lpoptions, do they get put into the Windows Print Queue
setup?  Would be nice if they did, set the print up once, and everything
just works.

	Two, I think it would be nice if the cupsaddsmb was almost put up in an
interpreted program using bash or python or even perl, because when I
ran into a problem with cupsaddsmb not been the same as the version 6
drive, I have problem trying to recompile it, which has been a problem
before too.  An interpreted file would be easier to maintain too.

	Part to two, the cupsaddsmb file is trying to setup a cupsdrv6.dll, but
this seems to be now cupsps6.dll, which is problem, because some of the
docs are right and so are not and the program seems to be wrong.

	I have written a basic bash script that does what I want, but would be
better to have a really working copy.

Thanks
Mailed
Lee