no printouts using ECP + slow printing

Sascha Jopen jopen at gmx.net
Sat Jul 23 06:28:51 PDT 2005

Hi,

i have a HP LaserJet 1100 connected to my PC's parallel port. Printing
from linux using cups only works for me, when configuring the parallel
port with SPP in my BIOS. When i do so, printing with cups is slower,
than printing from windows.
When using ECP mode, windows prints faster, than with SPP. But
linux/cups doesnt print any longer. My printer led is blinking like when
it receives a normal print job. After some time cups reports the job as
finished and the printer is ready for new jobs, but no printout.

Does anybody know, how to fix this problem? Although SPP mode works, i
want to use ECP as it should be faster.

Thanks in advance,
Sascha Jopen