browsing and printer properties

Peter DYGJHCHBAKTD at spammotel.com
Sun Jul 24 09:49:40 PDT 2005

When CUPS listens to browsing broadcasts, and sets up a remote printer, are the printer properties (like paper size, etc.) also transferred and configured? I assume that's the same question as: Does CUPS know which PPD to use for the printer?

The background for my question: I noticed that sometimes gnome-cups-manager is showing properties for remote printers which were configured automatically with the browsing feature, and sometimes it isn't. How can that be?