Search & Replace Filter ?

Francisco pacorro at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:56:33 PDT 2005

Hello list,

I got a regular-size problem. We have a commercial (costly&close-source) application which generates over 30 different financial reports in raw PCL format. While these reports print fine under CUPS, I been asked to change the layoult of these reports, basically search&replace text in them, adding/removing some empty lines, etc.

Because is a close-source application, I can't modify the layoult of these reports directly. I read almost the documentation and as far as I understand the easiest way to do this is to write a filter and adjusting mime.typs-mime.convs to apply the new filter to these documents.

But is this the right way to do it? I was wondering if there isn't a easier way to do this or if there isn't already a filter or a tool to do this.

thanks in advance for your time.