[cups.general] Generic Printer Interface

Albert Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Tue Jul 26 13:17:50 PDT 2005

I've RTFM.d (the software programmers Manual, but have no luck in
finding my answer.

Lightening hit the day (may as well as been Murphy), on an older
Mandrake server which was running LPRng.

Today we have Mandriva and I am looking to connect two printers.

1. A Genicom 4410 Line Printer.  I have used the Generic Printer
interface, but still need to eject the page on the end of file.  Where
do I do this?

2. A Serial connection to a DEC LA120 9-pin dot matrix (yeah this boat
anchor is still a work horse).  I have the following device:
DeviceURI serial:/dev/ttyS0?baud=9600+size=8+parity=none=flow=soft

Now, how do I map LF -> CRLF?

TIA.

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant