cupsd on solaris

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Jul 26 17:40:20 PDT 2005

I'm using cups version 1.1.19 provided in the Solaris CD. I can not find a newer bundled version yet, but I will get the source soon, but want to know if it's a common problem others are having.

Lately I've been having errors in my log file:
bsd-gw[10149]: [ID 251782 lpr.error] Can't communicate with spooler for xxx for all printers.

This complain keeps occuring, but printing happens anyway. At some stage I could not print at all and noticed the cupsd was hung and had to kill -9 it. Now printing happens but the errors persist.

Is this one of the problems with this version, and what could be causing it?