[cups.general] Updating version

Francisco Isgleas isgleas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:57:42 PDT 2005

Hi there.

I have this Samsung ML-1450 laser printer, which I've read is fully
functional with CUPS.

The problem is my distro (I think), a Redhat EL3 clone, with cups
version (updated) is 1.1.17 (1.1.17-13.3.27 according to my package
manager), and the driver I need seems to be on a more recent version
(1.1.22+ as long as I know).

Redhat won't deliver an update of this package, until they feel the
need, so I ask you where to look in order to get CUPS updated without
breaking all the dependencies on my distro (the painless at least),
I've read the documentation on cups.org but I don't seem to find any
info I could use (as long as I don't know exactly where to look).

I've compiled from source, but the changes doesn't apply system-wide
(lots of susbsystems pointing to RH's main printing packages)...

Thanks in advance

--
NaCl+U2 @O2
Franscsi Isgleas

P.S. on Redhat EL4 clones, I can configure the printer (with pxlmono
driver), I've tried to recompile that SRPM but there are lots os
unsatisfied dependencies.