Roll Feed Paper Size?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 28 12:06:16 PDT 2005

Dear all,

   I am using an Epson Stylus Color 1520 printe with roll feed option. I have managed (after increasing the compiled-in maximum length of 44") to print 100" long banners from within the GIMP and gimp-print.

I am now experimenting with command line printing through CUPS, and have had success printing on cut sheet paper with something like

lpr -PStylus -oPageSize=A3 -oInputSlot=Standard -sMediaType=plain -oResolution=180dpi -o landscape -o scaling=100 -oColorModel=CMYK file.jpg

However, I do not know how to specify roll feed paper sizes in this scenario. It seems that only the paper sizes specified in the PPD file are allowed on the command line (unlike the print menu in gimp-print which has a few extras added for roll feed paper).

Can I just add an entry to the PPD like this

*PageSize A2roll/A2roll: "<</PageSize[1191 9999]/ImagingBBox null>>setpagedevice"

or will this cause trouble?

Bye
Frederik