image size problem

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Jul 4 05:53:21 PDT 2005

Slashboot wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a cups filter for a printer which support only fixed size images
> (600*800) on fixed size paper (4*6in). I wrote a PPD file which specifies a
> ythe good resolution values to get always a raster data of 800*600 pixels.
>
> This works fine when printing from kde applications (kate, kxxxx) but when I
> print the cups test page for or from firefox, gimp I get a bad size raster
> data (something like 2800*2000). This makes the printer feeling bad.
>
> Any hints ?!
>
> If this is a normal and there are no solution, is there any libs around to
> shrink raster data bitmaps ?
>
> --
> Mahdi

If oyu look into the PS code of the test page (/usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps), you will
find that this PS code computes the resolution by
	72 72 dtransform
which gives the device units per inch in both coordinate directions.
Thus, you need a properly configured PostScript interpreter or to design a
test page of your own.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke