proprietary binary drivers and cups.

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Jul 4 08:30:41 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I've been trying to find out if its possible to write a proprietary (binary only, closed source) printer driver for cups. It is not clear to me if its possible to do so. I have come across mixed messages in my reading on the subject so far.

Are there any such proprietary drivers there?

Can someone please clarify if this is possible to do? If yes, How does one go about finding the interface definition for printer driver in that case? It is pretty clear that the DDK cannot be used for such drivers (its license clearly prohibits this).

Any information about this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
-JT