[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1222: HP LJ driver always wants to use

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Sat Jul 16 11:17:41 PDT 2005

[STR New]

HP LaserJet 4 with JetDirect. Cups 1.1.23, Slackware package. Gimp-Print
4.2.7.
Starting a print job from whatever application results in an error from
the printer: "load paper tray envelope", no matter what tray I tell it to
use in cups config. Feeding a sheet there actually works.
To rule out printer error I tried from a windows machine, tray is selected
there automatically alright.
Turboprint driver works alright, too. (Unuseful to me due to banner.)

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1222
Version: 1.1.23