How to Customize VariablePaperSize ?

Michael R Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Jul 17 16:15:30 PDT 2005

Florian Prud'homme wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a ppd for a generic PS plotter.
>

> I'm trying to use " VariablePaperSize yes"
>
> and to have a ParamCustomPageSize WidthOffset 3 points 0 2000 in the ppd file
>
> (instead of ParamCustomPageSize WidthOffset 3 points 0 0 )
>
> but I see that ppdc overide my Attribute I wrote in my drv file. What can I do ?

Please report this as a bug at:

     http://www.cups.org/ddk/str.php

The code is not looking for your ParamCustomPageSize attribute.

> I see that a lot of request are missing in the generated ppd : like for instance
>
> ?FileSystem and ?FontQuery
>
> Has anybody a solution ?

Define them as attributes to get them included in the PPD files.
In general, these are no longer used since a) many interfaces do
not offer bidirectional IO and b) the information is available
via other channels anyways.