URI Not Supported

Cindy Jeness CJeness at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 18 10:47:45 PDT 2005

I am trying to install HPLIP to support my OfficeJet All-in-One printer.  Everything seems to work except the integration with CUPS.   I verfied that a new backend (hp) is installed in /usr/lib64/cups/backend.   I turned on debug logging on CUPs and see a message that "hp" has been installed.   However, when I try to enter the URI specified by HP:

hp:/net/Officejet_7400_series?ip=192.168.1.249

into the CUPs configuration through YAST, I get the following error message:

The specified URI is not supported by the current spooler

However, I can print through "hp_print" using this same URI.

I am running Suse 9.3 and HPLip 0.93.

Any suggestions?