[cups.general] Integration with Pharos Uniprint

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Jun 1 06:25:04 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:33:03AM -0400, Ian Chard wrote:

> I'm trying to get CUPS working with Pharos Uniprint, which (in our
> configuration) needs the user to specify a job name.  This name is then
> used by the user to identify their job when they go to a release station
> to pay for it.

You could give a look at the work realized by Ludovic Hutin for
the University of Strasbourg :

  http://u2.u-strasbg.fr/pykota/client-server.htm

He developped an hold&release system similar to what you want to achieve,
but based on CUPS and PyKota.

Feel free to contact him for more details, I've never tried this
software so I can't tell more.

Hoping this helps

Jerome Alet