ManualFeed printing queue

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Jun 2 01:16:44 PDT 2005

Good Morning,

I am using cups 1.1.17 on Scientific-Linux and have trouble with
setting up a print queue configured with manual feed.
I have 2 printers Xerox8400 and HPLasetJet5M for which the problem
is the same : I am using the web interface to setup the printer specific
options in which the Manual-Feed radio button seems not to be
recorded nor displayed (the on / off buttons stay both empty )

Printing in the manual-feed queue prints immediately
and doesn't wait for paper feeding.

The only possibility I found to make it work is to print using
the -o ManualFeed option with lpr.

The >lpoption -p printer -l    command tells me :
==> ManualFeed/Manual Feed: True False
(True is not selected)

Any idea ?

Thanks