[cups.general] Client.conf -- ServerName causes No route to Host

Matthew Kettlewell matt at kettlewell.net
Thu Jun 2 02:45:54 PDT 2005

Mark J. Bradakis wrote:
> What happens if you try to connect to the server from the client
> via telnet, i.e.
>
> telnet mushu 631

I think you're on to  something here.   No route to host.  But I get the
same thing on the default port as well.

I'm far from an expert in this field, but I think that I have a few
things to look at, probably none of them CUPS related.

Is there something in my xinetd.d dir that needs to be opened up? or am
I missing something obvious?

Helge had mentioned that I should look in my /etc/nsswitch.conf file,
but I don't use NIS so I'm not sure that it applies to me ( that I am
aware of).

I don't want to drag this non-CUPS problem too much further in this
mailing list, but if there are any last pieces of advice / suggestions
for getting my computers to talk on port 631, I'd love to hear them.
Otherwise, I'll go find a networking list to take my problems there (
free up traffic here for real printing problems ).

Thanks for your time,

Matt