[cups.general] kprinter causes cups to think it is under attack

Alex Finch A.Finch at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 04:00:42 PDT 2005

  I have just started seeing this in the last couple of days. The cups server
suddenly refuses connections from a particular machine, apparently related to
these messages in the log:

/var/log/cups/error_log:W [03/Jun/2005:10:59:47 +0100] Possible DoS attack -
more than 10 clients connecting from ....

which is apparently caused by printing with kprinter from Mozilla in my case.

  Is this a known bug/feature? Is it configurable?

  Alex