[cups.general] kprinter causes cups to think it is under attack

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Jun 3 04:28:56 PDT 2005

Alex Finch wrote:

>   I have just started seeing this in the last couple of days. The cups server
> suddenly refuses connections from a particular machine, apparently related to
> these messages in the log:
>
> /var/log/cups/error_log:W [03/Jun/2005:10:59:47 +0100] Possible DoS attack -
> more than 10 clients connecting from ....
>
> which is apparently caused by printing with kprinter from Mozilla in my case.
>
>   Is this a known bug/feature? Is it configurable?

You may fiddle around with the MaxClients and the MaxClientsPerHost
directive in
your cupsd.conf.

The message is spit out whenever there are more than MaxClientsPerHost
connections
(e.g. print commands) per minute.

I'd suggest to review your mozilla and kprinter preferences with respect
printing.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke