HP Photosmart 2610xi

bryan.krone at motorola.com bryan.krone at motorola.com
Fri Jun 3 11:27:44 PDT 2005

Has anyone been able to get the HP 2610xi working under linux? I have tried all the generic instructions on www.hp.com for hplip and have not been able to get the printer working.

I have the printer neworked and I used ethereal to sniff the connection. Any communication between cups/hplip and the printer have 127.0.0.1 in source and destination of the ethernet packets. This leads me to believe I need to put the IP of the printer in some cups/hplip config file somewhere . I can't find any config file for hplip that uses the IP of the printer. Can anyone please shed some light on this.

Is there any model of HP printer that works out of the box with the generic instructions provided on there web site?