[cups.general] Multi-users

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Sat Jun 4 00:44:38 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 01:55:23AM -0400, j-roc at aemail4u.com wrote:
> I am currently running windows xp home edition. I have heard it is
> best to have an admin account that you only access if you must and a
> limited account for the rest of the time. Is this true and if so why
?  Any comment would be appreciated.

Suppose you browse the web as an administrator and you enter
a malicious website which sends a virus or a trojan hors to
your own computer.

Then your entire system can be compromised.

If you do the same thing as a severely restricted user (especially
under Windows), compromising your entire computer will be harder,
and in the worst case you'd only lose your own files, but not other
users' files or the entire system.

That being said, I don't see any relation between your question
and CUPS.

hth anyway

Jerome Alet