samba + cups and missing drivers after server restart

ip.guy at optushome.com.au ip.guy at optushome.com.au
Sun Jun 5 22:18:15 PDT 2005

Hi All

I've got an interesting situation with samba + cups.

when i first install and configured cups (with samba) to allow our windows workstations to print to our 50 or so printers, all was successful, restarting cups or samba didn't cause any problems.

i have noticed on both occasions when the entire Linux server needed rebooting, due to hardware failure, that all cups drivers, installed via windows print manager were missing

the first time this happened i thought it might have been a one off but after another restart i've noticed the same thing.

any comments or suggestions ?