text but not postscript

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Jun 6 09:36:45 PDT 2005

I have cups ,hpijs, and foomatic installed on debian sarge. I have an HP-OfficeJet-9100 that prints great form one machine but only prints text from the new server. The older machine that works has X-server so the printer was installed with the GUI. The new server has no GUI. I have been working on this for a couple of weeks. From the commandline lpstat -t returns >
system default destination: HP9120
device for HP9120: hp:/net/Officejet_9100_series?ip=192.168.1.2
HP9120 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
printer HP9120 is idle.  enabled since Jan 01 00:00
        ready to print

I can print a text file fine!

lpr /home/henryg/file

If i try to print a postscript file
lpr /var/lib/sql-ledger/users/1118008807.invoice.377.ps
there is no response from the printer. I have turned on debug2 which dumps  a ton of info "534 lines" into the log. but i can't seem to find the problem.
Log can bee seen here.

https://204.49.133.59/error_log

If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be greatfull!

Henry Gunter
henryg at henryg.net