[cups.general] Custom print command -- adding a new backend?

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:56:44 PDT 2005

To get your backend to show in the list of available backends, you need
to support "device discovery mode."  When your backend is queried with
no arguments, it needs to print out a string in a certain format.  Check
out the CUPS Software Programmer's Manual for some examples.
Additionally, check out the CUPS Links page at http://cups.org/links.php
for examples of other backends.