CANON PIXMA Driver

Stian B. Barmen stian at barmen.nu
Tue Jun 7 04:43:14 PDT 2005

I found the PPD made by canon japan for the pixma series, and this should be the same for the pixus series. If someone would care to test this ppd with the PIXUS IP4000 that would have been lovely.

ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/linux/

(download the pixus ip4100 for pixma ip4000 and extract the ppd from the rpm)

I do not have the compatibility matrix for pixma <> pixus, but a little googling and looking at the japanese specs should get you a long way.

usr/share/cups/model $ cupstestppd canonpixusip4100.ppd
canonpixusip4100.ppd: PASS

At least it passes as a valid ppd...! ;)