Backends and Cupsclient

william.lott at uconn.edu william.lott at uconn.edu
Tue Jun 7 11:00:44 PDT 2005

I am having a hard time find in the documentation as simple explanation of how one installs a backend.  I have downloaded accsnmp 1.01 and have placed in the same directory with other backends, but how do I activate it as part of my CUPS system?

I have also download the Window's Cupsclient.  I can see my cups server and the printer that is setup on the system.  I have the printer semi installed on my Window's machine.  Since it won't let me print a test page, I either don't have priviledge to use the printer or I don't have drivers installed.  To make sure I can access the printer what setting should I have in the cupsd.conf file.  Basically, I would like to have the Window's machine ask me for an account name and password every time I tried to print with the CUPS printer.

Thanks for you help.