Client's IP address to a backend

Enrico Pelletta enrico at it.kth.se
Wed Jun 8 07:34:19 PDT 2005

Hi All!

I would like to migrate our printer server from LPRng to CUPS, but I got troubles adapting to CUPS our current accounting system.

I created a new wrapper backend (similar to accsnmp), but we need to account printed pages to IP addresses, not to user names (It sounds strange, but this what we need...). I wonder if it is possible to add the IP address of the client in the list of parametes sent to the backend.

I have look around in previous messages, FAQ, howto, etc... But I have not managed to find any tips.

Any sugestion will be really appreciate!
Thank for helping,

  Enrico.