[cups.general] printcap lacks of browsing printers

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Thu Jun 9 09:45:22 PDT 2005

Hi,
some older versions of cups had the feature that they showed
the remote printers, received by the browsing protocoll, in
/etc/printcap too.

Today /etc/printcap consists only local configured printers.

But some old unix(tm) applications still insist to print only
on printers offered by the printcap. :(

Can anyone tell me, how remote printers can be added to the
printcap (without configuring them on several hundrets machines :-).
I'm looking out for a helpful cupsd.conf option.

Can anyone tell me, what the reason for this change was?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
	Klaus.
--