Always one copy

Andrew andrewz at springsrescuemission.org
Fri Jun 10 13:48:45 PDT 2005

I use CUPS and Samba as a printer server to Windows machines.  Whatever number of copies is given on the Windows machine, the printer prints one copy, and the page_log shows 1 copy.

The print server is Linux 2.4.30 (Trustix 2.2) with CUPS 1.1.23 and Samba 3.0.14a.

The client is Windows 2000 Professional using the printer's HP 2420dn PCL drivers.

If I print directly from Windows to the HP 2420dn via JetDirect (and not use CUPS), the number of copies is honored.