[cups.general] Re: HP 2300dn always prints from manual tray

Hawker, Daniel Daniel.Hawker at animal.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 01:40:38 PDT 2005

> > My first guess is, that you didn't configure "Letter"
> papersize as the
> > default papersize for this printer.
>
> Configuring letter as default size in CUPS web interface had
> no effect.

I think Klaus was meaning (apologies Klaus if this isn't your intention)
on the *physical* printer (the big plastic and metal thing), *not* the
printer in CUPS.

Most HP printers nowadays are just a bit too clever and as such set
their *default* paper-size to whatever is the appropriate match to where
they are shipped to. Here in the UK that is A4, in the US I'd presume
Letter. IIRC the 2300 has a menu thingy on the top, make sure Letter is
set as the default paper size for the tray in question, and hopefully
all will be OK.

HTH

Dan