Set Up JobSheets from lpadmin?

B.J. Black bj at schmong.org
Tue Jun 14 14:51:32 PDT 2005

Hi there!

I've written a script that syncs my CUPS server to a list of printers from an external source, and...

I need to be able to set JobSheets to default values on printer creation.  I'm currently setting them up using a command similar to:

The PPD changes, depending on printer options like Duplexer, etc.  The one thing I've not gotten to work is JobSheets (or job-sheets, or job-sheets-default).  No matter what I do (adding -o lines to lpadmin, putting in a separate call to lpoptions, etc.), the only way I can commit anything back to printers.conf is from the web UI.

I really need my users to have banner pages spit out by default.  Help!