[cups.general] localhost:631 does not work on SuSE Linux 9.3

Eckhard Stein Eckhard.Stein at web.de
Wed Jun 15 05:55:25 PDT 2005

"Mirror of cups.general Newsgroup" <cups at easysw.com> schrieb am 15.06.05 11:37:16:

>>> Dear all,

>>> I have installed SuSE Linux 9.3 Professional and configured a CUPS server. When opening the URL http://localhost:631 >>> in a browser I get an error message, that the page could not be found. When typing http://localhost:631/jobs or >>> >>>.../printers or .../admin I get a page without any image.

Hello,
I had some time ago a similar problem.
Inspect your data in

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf

Look at the line beginning with
DocumentRoot
followed by a path. This path may be wrong.
In my installation the correct path is
/usr/share/doc/packages/cups
You can use the find command to find the location.
E.g. you can search for "cupsdoc.css".
After inserting the correct path you can restart
the cupsd Daemon and may be it works.

Eckhard